Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Thank you to…
The Cobweborium Emporium for nominating me for the Liebster Award!! Cobs has a fun and enlightening blog… Besides…she is a master at all kinds of crafts! What a talented person!
The Rules of the Award are as follows:
* Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
* Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
* Give 11 random facts about yourself.
* Nominate 11 blogs.
* Notify those blogs of the nomination.
* Give them 11 questions to answer.
The questions that Cobs gave me to answer:
1. Is there one thing you’ve always wanted to do, but still haven’t done it?
I have always wanted to visit Austria! This obsession began when the exciting Winter Olympics were held in Innsbruck, Austria in 1976. I watched every moment that I possibly could. At that time, I had not tried to ski and I was so disappointed on my first winter trip to Colorado…my skiing talent was definitely lacking. I did have lots of enthusiasm!
2. What is your guilty pleasure?
I cannot pass up a Chocolate Eclair and I am not ashamed at all!
3. Who would be your dream dinner date?
My date would be my husband and we would go on a dinner catamaran cruise off of Wakiki Beach, Hawaii. I actually went on one of these dinner cruises when I was 22 and in Hawaii with two friends from college. We had just been out of college for about a year. The trip was before any of us were married. We had so, so much fun. However, we were the only three girls on the dinner cruise who were not on a honeymoon!
4. Do you have a favorite film?
My favorite film is “The Way We Were” with Barbara Streisand and Robert Redford. I absolutely love this 1973 film and think that it is timeless. I have to say one more favorite! My other favorite film is “Beaches” with Bette Midler. The film came out in 1988 and I have no idea how many times that I have seen it! I truly know all of the lines in the movie…and I like to sing the title song “Wind Beneath My Wings” even though absolutely no one wants to hear me sing anything!
5. Do you have a favorite TV program?
My favorite TV program is “The Voice”! I like music competition shows and this one is particularly fun to watch!
6. If you were given a badge saying: ‘In Charge of the World, but only for 60 seconds’…what law would you pass or what change would you make in that 60 seconds?
The law that I would make would be a requirement that every future parent would be immediately required to take a parenting course. When I was teaching, so many of the parents were so very young and totally lacking of parenting skills. They often seemed like mere children themselves.
7. You found an Oriental looking, corked bottle on a beach. You uncork it and out pops a Genie. He/She grants you three wishes. Tell me your three wishes. (no wishing for another wish or two either!)
My three wishes:
***To eliminate food shortages in the world.
***To build schools in every location in the world where educational facilities for children are severely lacking.
***For the realization of the need for World Peace to become a common and continuous hope throughout the world.
8. What drew you into the blogging world?
I was about to retire after teaching for 18 years in Title I (low income) public schools. I absolutely loved my teaching career, but it was my second career. My original BA degree was in Journalism and Sociology. I worked at newspapers for seven years…first I was in Editorial and then in Retail Advertising. After our children were born, I began teaching at our church Day School and later I began teaching in public schools. I missed writing so very much and decided that a blog would be a fun activity for me!!!
9. Which do you prefer: writing and posting a blog post; or reading other people’s blog posts?
I absolutely cannot choose between the two! I enjoy the writing so much and yet…it has been a total joy to “meet” so many people from around the world through blogging!
10. You’re invited to a posh dinner this evening. What are you hoping will be served as you Starter?
I would like to have Guacamole Bruschetta. I can’t help the choice…I’m from Texas!
11. …and finally…What is the one thing, above any other, which you just cannot eat, not even if someone offered you a thousand pounds/dollars just to eat a small piece of?
I would not eat Escargot…never, ever! Well…maybe for one million dollars!
Random facts about me:
* I took accordion lessons for nine years when I was a child! I still have my first accordion. I liked to play polkas!
* Just about everyone in my family can sing really well and I am the one who wants to sing the most and can sing NOTHING well at all! I even have a cousin who has won multiple Grammy awards! Just not fair!
* I have been working on my family tree for several years. I also am working on my husband’s family tree. It is exciting and confusing at the same time! I should have started with just one tree! But no…I had to make it as difficult as possible!
* My great-great grandfather emigrated to the United States from England in the mid 1880s. He was a very young man and eventually settled in Nashville, Tennessee. He grew up in Oldham, Lancashire, England.
* I started college when I was 16, almost 17. Therefore, my parents would not let me go to The University of Texas. I went to a smaller college that was closer to home. I really wanted to go to Vanderbilt in Nashville. My grandparents lived just a few blocks away from the campus, but I was afraid that I would be very homesick!
* I wrote earlier that I love Chocolate Eclairs! Also, I really like Cream Puffs and Petit Fours. Not healthy! I simply have to stay away from bakeries!
* My nephew is a member of the PGA and is such an excellent golfer, but he is not on the tour. I am crazy about golf and took courses in golf for my P.E. requirement in college. No talent there either!
* I am not a Dallas Cowboys fan and I live in Texas. This is pitiful, but I am a giant New Orleans Saints fan! My excuse about the Cowboys…I have a lot of relatives in New Orleans!
* Our daughter has written two children’s books. After the first one was published, it was for sale in Costco. I thought the book placement was not particularly as good as it could be, so I arranged the display a bit differently. I was just helping out Costco…right?
* When I was in college, I sold my Zoology book in October and the semester was not over until early December. I had an important date for the football game the following weekend. I needed a new outfit! My grade was not impressive in that class…to say the least.
* I really wanted to be an architect, but I had never heard of any girls studying architecture. I cannot believe that I thought that way. I certainly have the exact opposite opinion now! I still study house plans!
My nominations for the Liebster Award…
1. The Chicken Grandma
****Eleven nominations were just not enough for me, so I added one more. I almost added ten more!***
My questions for my nominees…
1. Why are you a blogger?
2. What is your greatest accomplishment as an adult? Why?
3. What was your favorite subject in school? Why?
4. Who was your favorite teacher? Why?
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world…where would you go? What made you make this choice?
6. Do you enjoy sports? Which ones?
7. Do you play any musical instruments? Which ones? Did you take lessons?
8. If given the opportunity, would you travel in space? Why or why not?
9. What is your favorite season? Describe what that season is like where you live.
10. What advice would you give to a teenager about achieving success in life? How do you define success?
11. What is your favorite meal?
Thank you to The Cobweborium Emporium for nominating my blog for the Liebster Award!!!