Thank you to lifeofanangela for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award! She has a wonderful and interesting blog about her life and travel adventures in New Zealand. Angela loves to write and her talent really comes out in her blog! You will enjoy visiting her blog at…
* Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
* Write a post to show your blog award.
* Give a brief story about how your blog started.
* Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
* Select 15 bloggers you want to give this award to.
* Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
Now to my answers…
How My Blog Started
I started writing my blog in late March, 2016. I had no idea what to expect and I was determined to put my site together all by myself. I suppose that I like challenges because it was a gigantic challenge! Do not be stubborn like me!!!
Therefore…here is my first advice to new bloggers:
1. Research and study all that WordPress offers for help when you first begin your blog! Even ask for help long after you have started your blog! Ask questions! I still ask questions and I always get a prompt answer!
Back to my blogging story! The main reason that I started my blog was because I was retiring from teaching elementary school after 18 rewarding years! I thought that blogging would be lots of fun (it is lots of fun!) and that I would have time to devote to it!
That last part about time leads me to my second piece of advice…
2. Blogging takes up a bunch more time than I first expected…way more! Since I enjoy it so much, I don’t mind at all. However, even with not teaching…I have tried (emphasis on “tried”!) to learn how to better organize my writing time. I sometimes tell friends that I have no idea how I ever found the time to teach school! In order to build up an audience, you need to reach out continuously to other blogs…to make comments and to follow them when their writing inspires you. When someone likes your posts, make certain that you visit their site.
Back to my blogging story again! My blog just recently celebrated a one year anniversary! I am so very excited to have met so many incredibly kind, bright and totally inspiring new friends. I now have had readers from over 90 countries and I can hardly believe it! What an incredible learning experience!
My Nominations for the Blogger Recognition Award:
Thank you again lifeofanangela for nominating me for this award!!