Let’s just go ahead and blame Barnes & Noble for my new travel obsessions. Honestly, I was innocently looking for a log cabin house plan magazine. I love log cabins. Are we going to build a log cabin? Highly doubtful. I just like to look at the outside pictures, the inside pictures and the house plans…just in case someone decides that he indeed likes them. Notice that I did not name any names. One problem with finding the magazine that I wanted…
I saw the National Geographic titled “100 Best Destinations…Around the World in Four Seasons”! I suddenly realized how much I might be missing around the world. I quickly forgot the log cabin. I mean…how can we afford a really cool log cabin when we have so many natty and wonderful places to visit?
So…I have studied the National Geographic for hours and determined the top ten places that I HAVE to see. I found it practically impossible to choose only ten, but it is very necessary for me to visit the following places…
1. Edinburgh, Scotland…to go to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, the world’s largest arts festival!
2. Alberta, Canada…for the Calgary Stampede, one of the biggest rodeos in the world!
3. French Polynesia…to Moorea…ah!!! the South Pacific!
4. Copenhagen, Denmark…to Tivoli Gardens…especially in November or December.
5. Vilnius, Lithuania…at Christmas…when the lights and the snow make the scenery resemble a snow globe.
6. Marlborough Sounds, New Zealand…to walk on the skyline trails!
7. Western Cape, South Africa…to visit Cape Town’s Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden.
8. Acadia National Park, Maine…to see Cadillac Mountain and join the Acadia Night Sky Festival.
9. Cornwall, England…to walk the Cornish Coast that winds past Celtic ruins and small villages.
10. Kassel, Germany…to see the place where the Brothers Grimm documented many folktales from the area…such as Hansel and Gretel, Cinderella and Snow White! Visitors can travel the Fairy Tale Route from Hanau to Bremen!
***And…so many more fascinating places to visit! Another post may be extremely necessary!***